Monday, January 3, 2011

Best of 2010


A website I visit every day (www.rabbitroom.com) posted a note about favourite books, music and movies of 2010. I found it to be a good exercise reflecting back. I found that I read about 50 books, listened to about 40 albums, but only saw about 20 movies (nothing wrong with that of course).

Books:
Crispin - The End of Time by Avi (this is a great young adult book series)
American by Choice by Craig Ferguson (audio version - great storytelling, small wonder it's up for a Grammy)
A Lfetime of Wisdom by Joni Eareckson Tada (audio version - this lady is the Corrie ten Boom of our age [if that means anything to anybody])
The Courage to Teach by Parker Palmer (inspired me to change schools after 20 years)
Nomad by Ayaan Hirsi Ali (gives an important perspective on Muslims)

Music: I saw 4 out of these 5 (missed Arcade Fire) performing live which always adds to the enjoyment/appreciation.
Sufjan Stevens - Age of Adz (and All Delighted People)
The Choir - Deplumed
Lost Dogs - Old Angel
Andrew Peterson - Counting Stars
Arcade Fire - The Suburbs

Movies: Not enough great films seen this year (looking forward to King's Speech though - it was sold out when I tried to go this week).
Inception
Toy Story 3
The Social Network

No comments: