Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Bats in the Belfry

Well, we had another bat in the house Saturday morning. We've had over 2 dozen over the 12 years at our house but this seems the earliest they've come out. I don't get it (but I did get it!)
Never got to see U23D this weekend because it no longer seems to be playing in Toronto. Hope I can catch it somewhere sometime. 
Didn't sleep well last night but was able to finish a lovely book called "Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy". It's meant for older children I imagine (won a Newberry Honor) but I think adults would get way more out of it. Lots of layers, and very creative imagery.
Good news this morning - our niece is (finally) off of the respirator. It's been just over 2 weeks so it's an important stage in her road to recovery. Last night I did some video of the children for her.
Joel and I went to see "Jumper", which was passable mindless entertainment. It was a nice break from reality I guess, but nothing special. We've seen quite a few good movies together over the last few months, including "Into the Wild" and "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford".

No comments: